Schema markup (also known as structured data) is an essential skillset to improve your website’s technical SEO. It helps Google and other search engines better understand the content on your website.
Will Markup Improve Your SERPs?
There is no direct evidence providing that microdata raises organic search result rankings.
Why schema markup is so important
Simply put, structuring your data can:
- Improve crawlers’ ability to read your site: Markup unambiguously tells the search engines what’s on your page. This process matters especially to local businesses that need to clarify information like a contact number or what they’re selling.
- Improve visibility on search engine results pages: Markup adds more information to your results, making them engaging and attractive to users. It indirectly boosts your SEO because users often prefer a well-formatted result. Not only that, but more clicks lead to higher rankings.
- Improve user experience: With more information available at their fingertips, your clients can make more informed decisions, increasing your qualified traffic.
Why you need schema markup
Properly-formatted markup helps search engines understand your website. It helps with:
- Content recognition: Recognition is enough of a reason to consider structuring your data. The process helps your website become more informative and engaging, and few things can beat that in the SEO game.
- Brand awareness: If you want search engines to be aware of your brand, then formatting your content is a great way to achieve it. Plus, seeing your brand pop up in a well-formatted rich snippet builds trust among search users.
- Local business details: If your business is local, you want search engines to know how to display your address and other contact information. Structured data can achieve this task.
- Event promotion: You can use markup to promote events. Your website could pop up when local users search for tags like “events near me.”
- Visibility: Finally, you can display other details related to your business, such as a logo and the CEO’s name.
Schema markup is one of the best futures for on-page SEO. I will configure Advanced Schema Markup, Structured Data, Rich Snippets on WordPress, Wix, Shopify, Squarespace sites.
Google supports rich snippets for the following data types:
- Star aggregate rating
- Blog Postings
- Logo markup
- Local business
- New article
- Video & audio
- Social profile link